By: Megan Schlosser Filak
There’s nothing like that warm summer sunshine! But when it’s time to cool off, Northeast Pennsylvania has you covered. Here are five ways to cool off this summer in Northeast PA:
- Ride the rapids- Get out on the Lehigh River and get ready to get wet! Whitewater Challengers and Pocono Whitewater offer several options from family-style rafting, great for beginners and kids as young as 4 years old, to more challenging dam release rafting trips with class II-III rapids.
- Jump in a lake- Pack your beach bag and refresh with a swim in a cool mountain lake. Lakes of nearly every size and shape dot Northeast PA. At Lake Jean, part of Ricketts Glen State Park, you can go for a swim, grab a cold drink at the snack stand and then relax on the sandy beach.
- Go for a swim- The Crystal Pool at Knoebels is where the amusement park got its start generations ago. The giant pool is full of 900,000 gallons of mountain stream water… perfect for refreshing on a hot day.
- Splash and slide- Whether you’re ready for the rush of the Tundra Tornado or if floating down the Lazy River is more your speed, you can cool off at the Montage Mountain Waterpark. With a wave pool and a variety of waterslides, all ages can cool off at Montage.
- Cool treat- Summer days and ice cream go hand-in-hand! Favorite flavors, milkshakes, and unique sundaes are served up all across Northeast PA all summer long. Check out locals’ favorite spots for ice cream in Luzerne County.