Neighborhood restaurants, corner pubs, small shops with unique finds, hotels aiming to accommodate – these are all a big part of what makes Northeast Pennsylvania so special, not to mention that behind all of these businesses are hardworking people who care about their community. Now with the spread of COVID-19, these business are taking a hit with many left struggling to navigate the changing tides. To help them weather this storm, we want to share some ways you can support your favorite businesses while keeping your social distance:
- Skip cooking and order takeout or delivery – With dining rooms closed, many restaurants around Luzerne County are serving up their menu for takeout, curbside pickup or delivery and even outdoor dining. Whether it’s a burger, barbeque, pizza or pasta, you can find just about anything to satisfy your craving #HereinLC.
- Check in with your favorite local shop- Many are offering special shopping times, online offers and other ways to keep customers safe.
- Buy a gift card to use later- When you pick up your takeout, grab a gift card to celebrate with someone special when social distancing is over. Check out the website for your favorite store, salon or spa- many offer the option of buying a gift card online that you can use later.
- Leave a review- Did you enjoy your lunch at a new restaurant last month? Was there a hotel employee who when out of his/ her to make your stay extra special? What about a local shop that has the most unique gifts? Take advantage of this time at home to let them know with a review on Facebook, Tripadvisor or other travel websites.
- Spread the word- If you see a local business doing something good, share it! A photo of a meal that looks delicious, share it! A local product you love, share it! When you see something positive on your social media feed click that share button!
There’s no doubt that these days are uncharted waters, leaving many of us unsure. But Northeast Pennsylvania has always been known for the big hearts of the people who call it home. This makes us certain that if we all do our part and support each other and our businesses, we will come through this time to be better than ever.